Assistant Storyboard Supervisor
We are on the search for an experienced Assistant Storyboard Supervisor to join our team of talented craftspeople in Ottawa! This senior level position is an excellent opportunity to work on an exciting project with one of the most respected animation studios in the industry.
Our ideal candidate values the power of visual storytelling and is passionate about inspiring audiences around the globe with emotionally charged performances and stories.
· Work closely and collaborate with the Storyboard Supervisor and Director.
· Act as support for the Storyboard Supervisor by preparing notes, completing revisions, corresponding with Storyboard Artists, and other requirements.
· Launch storyboards with Storyboard Artists and Storyboard Supervisor.
· Attend edit reviews and provide storyboarding solutions to address client comments on animatic with the Director and delegate revisions to revisionists.
· Provide a list of revisions to be combined with those of the Storyboard Supervisor.
· Responsible for generating new panels and executing board revisions if time is available; otherwise delegate revisions to revisionists.
· Work with the production team and the Storyboard Supervisor to communicate delays and changes in schedule and assist in coming up with schedule solutions.
· Communicate expectations to revisionists and freelance storyboard artists effectively by providing notes and support teams where needed.
· Maintain production schedule and communicate with the production team if deadlines are not achievable and propose solutions to production to meet deadlines/address workload.
· Foster an atmosphere of cooperation and communication.
· Help manage stress levels within the storyboard creative team by being a cool cucumber, a duck above water.
· Act as a leader within the Storyboard team to mentor and inspire revisionists.
· 1-3 years experience in a Storyboard Assistant or Supervisory role.
· Knowledge of 2D animation techniques and pipelines.
· Knowledge of StoryboardPro.
· Well-developed drawing, animation & comedic timing, and composition skills.
· Must have a good mix of aesthetic sensibilities and technical experience in 2D animated series production.
· Able to manage team/experience in managing others.
· Able to prioritize appropriately and meet deadlines.
· Strong problem-solving skills, both creatively and logistically.
· Strong communication skills; verbal, nonverbal, and written.
· Professional and positive attitude.
What about benefits?
· Employees have access to our comprehensive benefits plan that includes Health and Dental coverage, Life Insurance, and Travel Insurance.
· Our Employee Assistance Program provides each employee and their family members access to free psychological assistance and counseling service in person, online, or by phone 24/7.
· Plan for your future by taking advantage of our RRSP plan. The longer you're with us, the more we'll match the amount you contribute!
Small Print: Mercury Filmworks places as great an emphasis on recruiting for character and fit as it does on core skills and experience. Qualified candidates that meet ALL the characteristics above are encouraged to apply regardless of where they live. All candidates must be willing to test in advance of an interview. We are an equal opportunity employer, and by equal, we really mean equal. We have no preferences or biases beyond the professional qualifications.
Your application was submitted successfully.