About Mercury Filmworks:
Mercury Filmworks is one of Canada's most prolific independent studios and is internationally recognized as a leader in the animation industry for its benchmarks in quality, reliability, and innovation. Mercury has helped bring to life many of the most memorable, modern animated television and film properties. This position is an excellent opportunity to live and play in Canada’s beautiful national capital area while building a career at one of the most respected animation studios in the industry. We are looking for great people that value quality, innovation and a company with an uncompromising vision for the future of its artists and employees.
We are currently seeking a hardworking and organized Project Accountant to join the Mercury Filmworks finance team. Reporting to the Corporate Controller, the successful candidate will work collaboratively within a modestly sized finance and accounting team and will be responsible for Production Cost and Payroll related duties as it pertains to Productions. This is an excellent opportunity to learn film and television accounting.
- Work with and translate budget estimates into working budgets that can be managed by the production management team.
- Prepare Production Cost reports and work with the production management team to finalize the financial data.
- Review, test, and sign off on invoicing and payroll data generated by the production management team in advance of bi-weekly payroll run.
- Work with and update production tracking tools
- Provide assistance and back up in the processing of in-house payroll within a multi corporate group.
- Assist the SVP of Finance with Tax Credit application process.
- Assist in other general accounting duties or projects as required
- Minimum 3 years of experience working in accounting with an emphasis Cost Accounting and budgeting
- Experience in processing payroll and payroll related reports a must
- College diploma or university degree in Accounting.
- Proficient using MS Office (Excel, Word, Outlook) and QuickBooks.
- Must be responsive, reliable, highly organized, extremely detail oriented, and exhibit a strong work ethic.
- Must be exceptionally discreet and reliable in the handling highly sensitive and confidential information.
- Must be naturally proactive with the ability to identify important tasks and prioritize them for completion without direction.
- Must be a Canadian citizen and an Ontario resident
- Must be able to work in office full time
What about benefits?
- Employees have access to our comprehensive benefit plan that includes Health and Dental coverage, Life Insurance and Travel Insurance
- Our Employee Assistance Program provides each employee and their family members access to free psychological assistance and counselling service in person, online or by phone 24/7
- Plan for your future by taking advantage of our RRSP plan. The longer you’re with us, the more we’ll match the amount you contribute!
Small Print: Mercury Filmworks places as great an emphasis on recruiting for character and fit as it does on core skills and experience. Qualified candidates that meet ALL the characteristics above are encouraged to apply regardless of where they live. All candidates must be willing to test in advance of an interview. Mercury Filmworks is an equal opportunity employer, and by equal, we really mean equal. We have no preferences or bias beyond the professional qualifications.