Mercury Filmworks is seeking a highly organized and hardworking Production Planner for the planning and forecasting of activities related to production. As part of the Mercury Filmworks community, you will report to the Director of Production, with a dotted line to the Vice President of Studio Operations and Human Resources.
- Work with Talent Acquisition and Human Resources to both forecast and ensure that the staff rosters are accurately counted and properly noted from our HRIS as people leave and join the studio.
- Develop and maintain a living org chart system that is also updated as change happens across the organization.
- Upkeep and exploration of continued improvements to the current internal tracking documents and systems.
- Plan and prepare clear and accurate documents for meeting reviews as needed on a weekly, bi-weekly, monthly, or quarterly basis OR at the discretion of the Director of Production and/or Vice President of Studio Ops.
- Work with Director of Production, Vice President Studio Operations, and Production Managers during NEW schedule creation to forecast staffing concerns for long range planning with an eye on slate overload.
- Connect with the Recruitment team to provide up to the minute numbers on needs across all departments.
- Connect with IT and VP of Studio Ops to ensure that all headcount crew planning is reflected against our hardware, software and physical space needs.
- Plans and coordinates the work schedule of production departments.
- Establish, coordinate and organize short-term needs for the production lines.
- Communicate, do appropriate data entry and follow up on all crew members.
- Validate availability for production planning and report any shortages.
- Ensure that daily production requirements are achieved.
- Attend production meetings to provide information.
- Adjust/modify schedules to accommodate change.
- Support and initiate continuous improvement initiatives.
- Other duties as assigned by manager.
Education, Experience & Competency Requirements:
- College Diploma or Bachelor’s Degree required
- 3-5 years’ experience as a planner and/or scheduler
- Advanced Microsoft Office products (Excel -Pivot tables, formulas)
- Able to leverage insights & opportunities from data & metrics to provide insights & recommendations
- Excellent analytical deductive reasoning skills with a disciplined, logical approach
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Detail orientated, ability to multi-task and prioritize tasks with strict deadlines
- Use logic and reasoning to identify solutions to problems
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
Why Work with Us?
Mercury Filmworks employees have access to our comprehensive benefit plan, which includes health and dental coverage, life insurance and travel insurance.
We also offer:
- Flexible hours and work environment
- A close, supportive team and loads of fun extracurricular activities
- An Employee Assistance Program that provides each employee and their family members access to free psychological assistance and counselling service in person, online or by phone 24/7
- A highly competitive RRSP plan. The longer you’re with us, the more we’ll match the amount you contribute!
Small Print: Mercury Filmworks places as great an emphasis on recruiting for character and fit as it does on core skills and experience. Qualified candidates that meet ALL the characteristics above are encouraged to apply regardless of where they live. All candidates must be willing to test in advance of an interview. Mercury Filmworks is an equal opportunity employer, and by equal, we really mean equal. We have no preferences or bias beyond the professional qualifications.