Mercury Filmworks is currently seeking an Assistant Editor. This role is a great opportunity for anyone looking to grow their skills while working on high profile projects alongside our editing and creative team. In this role you will play a part in helping assemble episodic animatics, support our editorial team with loading and tracking final footage and learn the ins and outs of working in a studio environment at one of North America’s top independent animation studios. If you’ve been looking for a chance to contribute meaningfully in a creative and fast paced environment, we want to hear from you!
- Assist with file imports, audio file management and general processing tasks.
- Manage and maintain editorial project/bins/media files.
- Interpret production notes and communicate any issues with the lead Editor.
- Prepare footage for daily review by the Director and/or Creative Team.
- Follow the proper naming conventions established by the production pipeline.
- Assemble rough animatics of episodes using storyboard panels and circled audio takes.
- Export footage for client approval and archival backups.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- 2+ Years experience in editing in a professional environment.
- An intermediate understanding of Avid Media Composer.
- Ability to communicate effectively, manage your time and be highly organized.
- Exceptional attention to detail and problem-solving skills.
- Must be naturally proactive with the ability to prioritize important tasks and work effectively both alone and collaboratively.
- Professional communication skills, able to take direction and work within a production schedule.
- Applicant must be a Canadian citizen and a resident of Ontario.
What about benefits?
- Employees have access to our comprehensive benefit plan, after a brief probationary period, that includes Health and Dental coverage, Life Insurance and Travel Insurance.
- Our Employee Assistance Program provides each employee and their family members access to free psychological assistance and counselling service in person, online or by phone 24/7.
- Plan for your future by taking advantage of our RRSP plan. The longer you’re with us, the more we’ll match the amount you contribute!
Small Print: Mercury Filmworks places as great an emphasis on recruiting for character and fit as it does on core skills and experience. Qualified candidates that meet ALL the characteristics above are encouraged to apply regardless of where they live. All candidates must be willing to test in advance of an interview. Mercury Filmworks is an equal opportunity employer, and by equal, we really mean equal. We have no preferences or bias beyond the professional qualifications.