We are currently seeking a hardworking, organized Payroll Accountant to join the Mercury Filmworks finance team. This role is to cover for a Maternity leave, with the potential to become a permanent employee. Reporting to the Financial Controller, the successful candidate will work collaboratively within a modestly sized finance team and will be responsible for all Payroll-related duties.
- Process bi-weekly payroll for over 300 employees within a multi-corporate group
- Process government and other payroll-related remittances
- Process payroll-related journal entries, direct deposit functions, ROE, T4 and other annual payroll remittances
- Respond to and resolve payroll questions and issues
- Perform payroll audits as necessary
- Review timesheets for accuracy and completeness
- Minimum 5 years of experience processing payroll and payroll related reports a must
- Proficient using MS Office (Excel, Word, Outlook) and QuickBooks
- Must possess strong interpersonal skills, be a team-player and have a willingness to learn
- An exceptional degree of professionalism, maturity, and absolute discretion with respect to confidential employee related information.
- Knowledge and compliance with company policies for benefits, sick leave, vacation, garnishments, etc.
- Knowledge of ESA
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with the ability to work effectively in a self-directed capacity.
- Attention to detail
- Must be naturally proactive with the ability to identify important tasks and prioritize them for completion without direction.
- Must be a Canadian citizen and an Ontario resident
What about benefits?
- Employees have access to our comprehensive benefit plan that includes Health and Dental coverage, Life Insurance and Travel Insurance
- Flexible hours and work environment
- Our Employee Assistance Program provides each employee and their family members access to free psychological assistance and counselling service in person, online or by phone 24/7
- Plan for your future by taking advantage of our RRSP plan. The longer you’re with us, the more we’ll match the amount you contribute!
Small Print: Mercury Filmworks places as great an emphasis on recruiting for character and fit as it does on core skills and experience. References will be required and checked, and all short-listed candidates should expect a qualification exam as part of the interview process. Mercury Filmworks is an equal opportunity employer, and by equal, we really mean equal. We have no preferences or bias beyond the professional qualifications. This is an onsite, full-time office position without a telecommuting provision. Work hours will generally correspond with normal office hours though the successful candidate will be expected to provide occasional support outside of times.