About Mercury Filmworks:
Mercury Filmworks is an independent entertainment company that collaborates with partners across the globe to produce world-class content. Our dedication to creating extraordinary work is matched only by our commitment to the people who make it. When you work with us, we invest in your talent— you'll be provided with the support, development, and opportunity to build a career doing what you love most: telling stories.
Reporting directly to the Chief Talent Officer, the Talent Manager and HR Business Partner will help foster a positive and engaging work environment and enhance the values and culture of the Mercury Filmworks community. This role will support the day-to-day needs of leaders and employees and help design and implement talent programs aimed at improving our employee development, engagement, and retention.
- Coach and advise managers and employees in dealing with complex people-related issues.
- Build and implement talent programs in the areas of performance success, onboarding, belonging & engagement, competency framework and learning & development.
- Help review and implement changes to our total rewards program.
- Advise Management and supervisors regarding disciplinary actions, conduct employee intervention, conflict resolution, and employee relations investigations.
- Manage and resolve Employee Relations issues through effective and objective investigation processes, ensuring adherence to appropriate employment laws and policies.
- Collaborate with our legal team on high-level issues.
- Review HR processes and look for areas of improvement.
- Experience in a dynamic environment, working directly with all levels of Management.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience.
- Strong track record in Talent Management and creating simple and practical solutions.
- Knowledge of Ontario employment legislation and comfortable dealing with employee relations issues.
- Coaching skills with a consultative approach.
- Ability to exercise judgment with sensitive, confidential issues and information.
- Progressive human resources partner who puts the needs of the organization first.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Post-secondary education in HR, Administration, or related discipline
- Coaching training or certification (desired)
- 7+ years working in HR and talent programs
What about benefits?
- Employees have access to our comprehensive benefits plan that includes Health and Dental coverage, Life Insurance and Travel Insurance
- Our Employee Assistance Program provides each employee and their family members access to free psychological assistance and counseling service in person, online or by phone 24/7
- Plan for your future by taking advantage of our RRSP plan. The longer you’re with us, the more we’ll match the amount you contribute!
At Mercury Filmworks, we place as great an emphasis on recruiting for character and fit as we do on core skills and experience. Qualified candidates that meet ALL the characteristics above are encouraged to apply regardless of where they live. All candidates must be willing to test in advance of an interview. We are an equal opportunity employer that celebrates diversity in the community we build and the projects we choose to work on. We have no preferences or biases beyond professional qualifications.