Mercury Filmworks is looking for a skilled, eager and experienced Vice President of Human Resources to join our team. This position is an excellent opportunity to live and play in Canada's beautiful national capital area while building a career at one of the most respected animation studios in the industry.
We are looking for great people who value quality, innovation, and a company with an uncompromising vision for its artists and employees' future. This role will report to the CEO and will play a pivotal role in the organization.
As Vice President, you will be responsible for setting, enforcing, and evaluating legally compliant human resources policies, procedures, and best practices and identifying and implementing long-range strategic talent management goals. You are passionate about your work and helping to deliver positive change every day.
- Administers or oversees the administration of human resource programs including, but not limited to, compensation, benefits, and leave; disciplinary matters; disputes and investigations; performance and talent management; recognition and morale; and learning and development.
- Collaborates with senior leadership to understand the organization's goals and strategy related to talent acquisition and retention; develops and executes best practices for hiring and talent management.
- Fosters & develops our culture of innovation, performance, and high-quality content development.
- Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law; applies this knowledge to communicate changes in policy, practice, and resources to upper management.
- Provides day-to-day performance management guidance to line management (coaching, counselling, career development, disciplinary actions).
- Participate in cross-functional initiatives to improve organizational effectiveness.
- Provide counsel and guidance on complex employee matters.
- Deliver strategic and tactical HR support and programs to employees and managers, including performance management, organizational design, learning and development, compensation programs and employee relations.
- Proactively identify opportunities to enhance the employee experience and partner with management to develop and implement innovative and sustainable solutions.
- Consult and coach all levels of management to build and serve high-performing, diverse and inclusive teams.
- Build credibility and trust among employees; resolve employee concerns with compassion and follow-through.
- Supports employees and management to communicate and to answer questions related to various human resources policies, procedures, programs, laws, and other government regulations.
- Manage relationships with benefits providers and assist employees as required.
- Post-secondary degree with an HR specialty or designation (i.e. CHRL)
- 8+ years in a previous HR leadership role
- Working knowledge of Canadian employment and labour law required.
- Experience with Immigration and Work Visas
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills; ability to assess situations and make decisions based on data while drawing from previous experience.
- Experience with full-cycle talent management programs, including recruiting, onboarding, employee relations and offboarding best practices.
- Ability to proactively build and foster relationships both internally and externally and work cross-functionally at all company levels.
- Passion to think outside the box and challenge the status quo to build a stronger business.
- Demonstrated experience with coaching employees and management.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively partner and collaborate with all levels of the organization and positively influence teams.
- Proven organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to handle multiple tasks.
- Strong written and verbal communication; must be a clear and concise communicator.
What about benefits?
- Employees have access to our comprehensive benefits plan that includes Health and Dental coverage, Life Insurance and Travel Insurance.
- Our Employee Assistance Program provides each employee, and their family members access to free psychological assistance and counselling service in person, online or by phone 24/7
- Plan for your future by taking advantage of our RRSP plan. The longer you're with us, the more we'll match the amount you contribute!
Small Print: Mercury Filmworks places great emphasis on recruiting for character and fit as it does on core skills and experience. Qualified candidates that meet ALL the characteristics above are encouraged to apply regardless of where they live. All candidates must be willing to test in advance of an interview. Mercury Filmworks is an equal opportunity employer, and by equal, we really mean equal. We have no preferences or bias beyond professional qualifications.